Membership of the Ghanaian Association of Ottawa is on an individual basis and is open to all people of Ghanaian descent and their families in Ottawa-Gatineau and surrounding areas. Associate membership is open to people of non-Ghanaian descent.
- The Association serves as a forum for members to meet other Ghanaians, share and contribute to the educational, cultural and socio-economic development of Ghanaians.
- Members have the right to attend all functions organized and/or sponsored by the Association, play a role in building the Association and take part in the decision-making process.
- Members also qualify to receive attention and support from the Association when they need it.
All members shall have the right to:
- Participate in all activities of the Association subject to the rules and regulations governing such activities.
- Seek and hold elected office in the Association.
- Be a member of any committee established by the Association or Executive Committee except where membership is restricted.
- Participate in general meetings.
- Nominate and vote for officers in the Association’s Annual General Meetings and Special General Meetings.
To be considered active in the GAO, members are required to:
- Register formally.
- Pay membership dues annually
- Attend meetings and participate in GAO activities